Any reference to "we", "us" and "our" in this Policy is to CSC Media Group Ltd of 37 Harwood Road, London, SW6 4QP.
Any reference to “you” or “your” in this Policy, means you as a user of the http://www.kixtv.co.uk/ website (the "Website").
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
This Policy explains how your personal information (meaning any information about you which is personally identifiable like your name, address, telephone number or email address, generally referred to throughout this Policy as "personal information") will be used.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are acting as a data controller, and you shall be the data subject.
Please note that this Policy only applies to the collection of your personal information by us directly on this Website and the use of that personal information by us and by those whom we authorise.
By accessing and continuing to use the website, you accept the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with any part of our Policy then you should not use the Website.
We may update and amend this Policy from time to time and any changes will be posted on the Website and it is your responsibility to revisit this Policy from time to time to view any amendments / updates.
This Policy was last updated on 07 February 2007
The information we collect from you.We may require you from time to time to register to use various Services on the Website and / or update your current registration - and in such instances we collect your personal information which you provide us with during the registration process.
You may also be asked to provide other personal information from time to time when entering competitions or uploading pictures via the Website.
We may also collect personal information when you disclose any such personal information to us or otherwise, through your general use of the Website (for example when you make a complaint or enquiry or provide feedback to us; or when you submit an entry to a competition or prize draw; or when you request to be sent communications by us, such as updates or newsletters; in monitoring your communications sent via and use of the website to ensure and check compliance with our Terms).
How do we use the information which we collect from you? We use information we collect from you, to help us improve your experience of using the Website.
We may use your personal information to: monitor, develop and improve the Website and so improve your experience; and / orassist us in administering the Services to you; and / orprocess and deal with any complaints or enquiries which we receive which are made by, or about, you and your issue of the Website; and / orinvestigate any suspected breach of any of the Terms; and / orto monitor your compliance with the Terms, and thereby allow us to check postings or submissions on the Website, forum messages ; and/orto administer any competition prizes which you may be entitled to, including the right to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners.
We shall only send you updates regarding the Services on the Website (by email, telephone and SMS) and information concerning third party products when expressly requested to do so by you. After requesting such information, we shall provide you with opportunities to cancel such requests, and for the avoidance of doubt, you can cancel such information requests any at time by emailing us to firstname.lastname@example.org and stating that you do not wish to receive any such further communications from us.
How you can amend your personal informationWhen you register your personal details on the Website to register an account or for certain other Services (e.g. such as our weekly newsletter) you may change or update your personal details (including you user name and password) at any time via your account log-in. You should ensure that you update your details as soon as possible with any relevant changes.
Do we use “Cookies”? A cookie is a small amount of data sent from our server and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Cookies and other such similar devices allow us to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics of the usage of the Website by users (i.e. you), so that we can understand how users (i.e. you) use our Website. This includes allowing us to understand such things as how popular certain web pages or advertisements are.
Cookies allow us to improve the structure of our Website, and please note that we cannot identify you personally by using Cookies, as all data collected by the Cookies is anonymous.
Cookies and other such similar devices can also assist and facilitate your use of the Website by:
- allowing you to carry information across pages of our Website and thereby avoiding having to re-enter information;
- allowing you to access stored information within your registration area;
- allowing us to tailor content and / or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to hopefully assist in avoiding us showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
Do we share your information with third parties? We may pass your information to other parties for the following reasons:
- solely where relevant, your user name and information you voluntarily provide in your profile (e.g. profile or user name) and which you have which you have registered with us, will be published on areas of the Website such as the forums, chat rooms or pages where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas. Other users of the Website will therefore be able to identify you and contact you by your user name or profile)
- we will pass your personal information on to our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents so that we are able to administer the Services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- we may pass on some general statistical information about the website user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and any such related matters to reputable third parties who will handle such information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, but please note that these details will not include information personally identifying you; and
- we may disclose your personal information to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of any of the Terms as we may other otherwise be required by law and we will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone breaching the Terms or otherwise for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
We shall not pass on or sell your personal information to any third persons for any other purpose than those set out above.
Security and how do we protect your information?We abide by the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998, and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints to email@example.com.
CSC Media Group Limited, is a company registered in England & Wales with registered office at 37 Harwood Road, London, SW6 4QP.
© Copyright CSC Media Group Limited 2007